The 2023 Yonkers Teacher of the Year award is open for nominations. Founded in 1956 by the Yonkers Kiwanis Club and the Board of Education, this award recognizes excellence in teachers of elementary and secondary education. The sponsors this year include the Yonkers Kiwanis Club, Yonkers Public Schools, the Yonkers Board of Education Trustees, and the Mayor’s office. The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2023. The award winners will be announced on May 8th, 2023.
The requirements for eligibility are:
- Employed as a teacher in the Yonkers Public School for at least five years;
- Demonstrates a dedication to the teaching profession which has led his/her students to both knowledge and understanding;
- Initiates new, meaningful programs for either students, teachers or parents, or been innovative in the use of existing programs; and
- Displays significant community involvement.
- To be eligible for the award, all nominated teachers must complete and submit an application form
to Brittany Pacheco.
You can submit your nomination for Yonkers Teacher of the Year via the form on the official Yonkers government website below.